At Swissphysio we are passionate about our role as oncology physiotherapy within oncology treatment. We believe in providing the highest quality of care and assisting patients in areas where they may be lacking support.
Swissphysio is now able to offer treatments tailored to people who are receiving or have completed cancer treatment. They are perhaps struggling to regain confidence in their own bodies or/and with the side effects of chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery.
Our aim is to help you to achieve your own peak performance. We will support you step by step to get where you want to be after illness, surgery, or injury. We help you to return to normal activities, could this be work, looking after your children or in sport.
We focus on you as an individual to improve physical and emotional well-being, and aim to empower you to regain control of your lives.
Our services bridge the gap between hospital treatment and return to normal life. We provide reassurance about what you can and can’t do. We help to restore control and function of your own body so that you have confidence using it in a positive way.
Working on a 1:1 basis or in a small group our practitioners provide a variety of treatments specifically tailored to our patient’s needs, often working in conjunction with our restorative services.
- Physiotherapy for:
- restorative therapeutic exercises
- mobilisation techniques
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) for lymphoedema
- Kinesio taping
- Pink Ribbon Program exercise classes
- Manual techniques for the treatment of scar tissue
- Acupuncture, auricular acupuncture and laser acupuncture to help against nausea, hot flushes, and pain.
- Oncology massage a lighter form of massage specific for cancer suffers given by a qualified therapist.
- Cupping to release scar tissue.
- Counselling for adults and children
What we treat
Physiotherapy can help with a number of common and also specific problems created by cancer and its treatments. This list is not exhaustive and if you are at all concerned by your symptoms or not sure please contact Swissphysio for advice on whether we can help.
- Reduced Range of movement
- Stiff or tight areas of the body following surgery and/or radiotherapy
- Stiff or tight scars following surgery
- Peripheral neuropathy (numb or pins and needles and loss of balance following chemotherapy)
- Deconditioning or loss of muscle strength
- Difficulty returning to function – activities of daily living, hobbies, sport, physical activity or work
- Cording (any cancer group that has lymph nodes removed)
- Dropped shoulder syndrome (following a neck dissection)
- Trismus (reduced jaw movement following surgery and radiotherapy to the jaw area)
- Facial Palsy
- Dropped Head syndrome (following radiotherapy for non-hodgkins lymphoma commonly)
- Joint arthralgia’s
- Postural dysfunctions
- Anxiety and depression
At Swissphysio we want to
- Get you back where you want to be.
- Help you reach and maintain your peak performance.
- Get you ready for a new start after the “storm” of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Restore your quality of life after you came out of the storm.
- After the storm, we will take you further, step by step.