If you are considering coming to the clinic for a face-to-face appointment it is essential that you read the following Coronavirus Policy.
What to expect when you come to Swissphysio
When coming to Swissphysio we ask that you comply with the following safety measures to keep you and us as safe as possible.
- On the morning of your appointment we ask that you confirm by text or phone call that: you or any member of your household is NOT currently self-isolating or has a raised temperature/fever over 38 degrees, new cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of or altered taste or smell.
- On your arrival you might find the door locked. This is to limit the overcrowding of the reception area.
- We will measure your temperature. If your temperature is outside of the norm we will rearrange the appointment for your and our security.
- You will be asked to disinfect your hands with a sanitiser gel
- We will also kindly ask you to keep the social distance of 2 meter whenever possible
- Should you need to sneeze please follow the rules of catch it, kill it using a tissue or sneeze into your elbow, bin it. Then wash your hands or use hand sanitising gel.
- Please wear a face mask for the entire time you are in our building, as per government guidelines. If you do not have a face mask, please follow the government guidelines on making your own face cover here:
- We ask that you attend the clinic alone wherever possible.
Clinic Capacity and Cleaning
- Until July 2020 there will only be one physiotherapist working in the clinic.
- Appointments are organised to allow time in between to enable to change PPE and clean all the surfaces that have been touched either by the clinician or patient with the appropriate detergent. This includes the plinths, chairs, door handles.
- We discourage the use of the toilet when in the clinic.
- Towels and couch covers will not be used.
- Pillow covers will be changed between sessions
- Couch roll will be used on the couch and pillows as standard and disposed after each patient
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Your physiotherapist will be wearing the following PPE at your appointment. This is in compliance with current government guidelines:
- Non latex gloves (single use)
- Apron (single use)
- Face mask (sessional use)
- Eye protection goggles or face shield
Your Agreement With Us
Consent to treatment: When you book an appointment we will send you a new consent form, which has been adapted to the new COVID-19 situation. It contains important information about what to expect when you come to Swissphysio. We would appreciate if you can take the time to read and sign and date the form and return it to us before the beginning of the treatment.
Booking: where possible we would like you to use our online booking system https://my.powerdiary.com/clientportal/c609ffc7-93bb-4814-9612-7cc9a84725b6/home and (coming soon) the online payment. Of course, you will be able to call us as well but since the reception area won’t be staffed until later in the summer, you might have to leave your message on the answering machine if I am not available to take your call.
Prior to attending your appointment, we will contact you to assess the need for a face to face consultation. We advise that you consider your clinical need to have hands on treatment in line with the recommendations of our governing body The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy:
Video consultations: Swissphysio offers video consultations via Telehealth
Payment: you are kindly asked to pay at the time of your booking preferably online or on the phone. Here as well we will be able to find a solution for our elderly patients who don’t like technology and of course you can pay contactless.
We have done everything we can to reduce the risk of our clinicians and patients contracting Covid-19. However, if you come for face to face treatment, please be aware that there is no way that we can eliminate the risk of you contracting Covid-19.
Please do not come in if either you or one of your household is in one of the higher risk groups including, but not exclusively, those who are immunosuppressed, this with underlying heart or lung conditions and or those over the age of 75.
Please do not come in if either you or one of your household has been ill in the last two weeks. Including, but not exclusively, the following symptoms: raised temperature/fever over 38 degrees, new cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell.
If you have any suggestions or questions regarding your face to face treatment with us please do not hesitate to contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org we are all in this together and feedback is helpful!
With very best wishes and healthy returns.